The Puy du Fou
More than a leisure park, a unique experience !
Settled in Les Epessess, Puy du Fou takes you into a fascinating family day out in the heart of nature.
It is historical re-enactment, theatrical drama and entertainment all at once. The history is about the Vendee region.
During the daytime in the Grand Parc, Puy du Fou impressive breathtaking shows include:
- Triumph’s Sign – Set in 300 AD. A parade of pageantry followed by a series of gladiator battles, chariot races and prisoner executions set in a Roman coliseum.
- The Vikings –a Viking long ship attacks a 1000 year old fortress in which a wedding ceremony is taking place. Many special effects & explosions.
- The Secret of the Lance – Set against the battlements of a Middle Ages castle. The show tells a story of a young shepherdess, who, armed with a magical spear, must protect her home from an attacking band of knights.
- Richelieu’s Musketeers –The story of the romance of one of Richelieu’s musketeers set in a sumptuous 17th century theatre and complete with sword fights. There are also horses performing & Flamenco Dancing. Performed in complete darkness with special effect lighting (staged indoors).
- The Ball of the Phantom Birds – A ballet of birds (owls, falcons, eagles and vultures) through the ruins of an old castle.
In 50 hectares of forest and gardens, there are reconstructed historic villages, including a medieval settlement and an 18th-century farm, where you can go into houses and watch artisans at work. You will find also a picnic area, sandwich stops and several restaurants, including live shows over dinner.
The Cinéscénie night-time extravaganza :
Some 1,200 actors (local volunteers of all ages) and a vast cast of animals (pigs, sheep, dogs, and geese) movingly recount the history of the region, from the Middle Ages to the Second World War, in gigantic, living tableaux. Images projected on to watery screens and large-scale pyrotechnics complete the entertainment.
(You need to make a reservation in advance for this show – the ticket price is not included in the main entrance price)
Step back in time & Discover Puy du Fou thanks to our Discounted Tickets!
On sale at the reception!